Best quotes from Die Hard
Directed By: John McTiernan
Screenplay By: Jeb Stuart; Stephen De Souza
Novel: Roddrick Thorp
When downtime strikes at our glass company due to inclement weather or just a slow day, no other movie gets watched more than this eighties action classic. Originally panned by the critics (go figure), it is now widely considered one of the greatest action-adventure flicks, mentioned in the same breath as Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981) and First Blood (1982) (aslo initially panned by the critics). Here are some of the great quotes from Die Hard in no particular order:
* "Hans... Bubbie!" - Harry Ellis
* " Seventy million terrorists in the world and I have to find one with feet smaller than my sister." John McClane
* "Yippee-ky-yay, @#$%!@#! - John McClane
* "Whoever said we were terrorists?" Hans Gruber
* "When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber
* "Oh, my God! The quarterback is toast!" - Theo
* "No @#$%! @#$% lady, does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza???" - John McClane
* "Have no illusions... We are in charge...." - Hans Gruber
* "Welcome to the party, pal" - John McClane
* "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a couple laughs..." - John McClane
* "Eat it, Harvey!" - Reporter Richard Thornburg
* Yee-haa!!! Just like Vietnam, eh? - Special Agent Johnson
* Hey, Babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast. I think I can handle this Euro-trash." - Harry Ellis
* "Eeeh! Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really double?" - John McClane
Always a crowd pleaser, this is one of those movies where it doesn't matter how many times you've seen it, because it always comes across as fresh, even after all these years.
Interesting Triva: Everyone's favorite quote - "Hans... Bubbie! - was ad-libbed by actor Hart Bochner; The Nakatomi Tower is actually the headquarters for 20th Century Fox; Unbelievably, because of contractual obligations, the role of John McClane was first offered to a then-73-year-old Frank Sinatra - Can you imagine Ole Blue Eyes saying "Yippee-ky-yay @#$%@!!!?; Die Hard is often classified as a "Christmas Movie."
Trivia Question: True or false - Before being edited out, John McClane jumps off the roof of Nakatomi Tower (tied off with a fire hose) and yells: "No Soap! Radio!" Answer (False... you putz).
Tags: Best Die hard Quotes; Best lines from Die hard; Die hard Movie; Die hard Best quotes, Bruce William; Hans Gruber; John McClane; Best Quotes from Die hard; Die hard Best Quotes.
Atlas Glass Company
2000 Hamilton Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19130