Atlas Glass Repair Co.
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 5 May, 2016 at 6:50||comments (0)|
Best Quotes From Glengarry Glen Ross
Directed by: James Foley
Screenplay by: David Mamet
Starring: Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Alan Arkin, Ed Harris, Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Jonathan Pryce, etc.
The ultimate acting tour-de-force. No car chases. No explosions. No chicks in bikinis (no chicks at all, actually), just a couple of guys sitting around talking. I'm the only one at Atlas Glass Repair that actually watches and appreciates this flick, but what a flick it is. Alec Baldwin's ten minute performance is some of the most powerful acting on film. I wonder though if screenwriter David Mamet was paid by the F-bomb (138 times). Glengarry Glen Ross quotes:
* "The rich get richer, that's the law of the land." - Dave Moss
* "PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN!" - Blake
* "You call yourself a salesman, you son of a @#$%?" - Blake
* "Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is your fired." - Blake
* @#$% you! ... That's my name." - Blake
* They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it?... Are you man enough?" - Blake
* "You've got the memory of a @#$%! fly." - Dave Moss
* "Williamson! Williamson! Put me on the board! Put me on the Cadillac board!" - Shelley Levene
* "You see? Because this is how we keep score, Bubbie!" - Ricky Roma
* "Who ever told you you could work with men?" - Ricky Roma
* "You know your business, I know mine. Your business is being an @#$%!!. " - Ricky Roma
* "Will you go to lunch? Will you go to lunch?. Will you go? WILL YOU GO TO LUNCH?!!!!" - Williamson
* "Bruce and Harriet Nyborg??? Do you want to see the memos? THEY'RE NUTS!" - Williamson
* "Because I don't like you..." - Williamson
So much for explosions and car chases. This is one intense flick. I don't know what I admire more, the script, James Foley's direction or the ensemble acting. Jack Lemmon steals the show, though.
Glengarry Glen Ross Trivia: The Alec Baldwin character (Blake) was not in the stage version (also written by David Mamet). The cast included four Academy Award winners and two nominees. David Mamet won a Pulitzer Price in 1984 for writing the stage version.
Tags: Glengarry Glen Ross Quotes; Best glengarry Glen Ross quotes. Glengarry Glen Ross movie; Al Pacino; Alec Baldwin; put that coffee down; coffee is for closers; David Mamet; Top Ten Glengarry glen ross quotes;
Atlas Glass Repair Company
2000 Hamilton Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19130