Casablanca (1942) - Round Up The Usual Suspects - 10 Classic quotes
Directed by: Michael Cutiz
The younger guys at our glass repair company have no appreciation for this all-time mega-classic. But anyone over thirty knows this is one of the greatest films ever produced. It is ranked by the American Film Institute as the #2 greatest film of all time. Enough said.
* "Here's looking at you, Kid..." - Rick
* "We'll always have Paris." - Rick
* "There are certain sections of New York that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade." - Rick
* "Play it, Sam... Play 'As Time Goes By.'" - Ilsa Lund
* I'm shocked... shocked to find that gambling is going on here." - Captain Renault
* "Go ahead and shoot. You'll be doing me a favor..." - Rick
* "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." - Rick
* "Welcome back to the fight, this time I know our side will win." - Victor Laszlo
* "Round up the usual suspects." Capt. Renault
* "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." - Rick
Possibly the best of the best, a cornucopia of classic quotes with the American Film Institute's #5, #20, #28, #32, #43 and #67 greatest of all time. Best of all, the movie still holds up after 75 years - seventy-five big ones!
An interesting side note is the quote "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." It is the last line in the movie and occurs as Rick and Capt. Renault walk off into the fog at the airport in the final scene. Originally, it wasn't even in the movie, and was added during post-production after test audiences felt the ending didn't have enough closure. So now you know...
Tags: Rounding up the usual suspects - Ten great quotes from Casablanca, Casablanca quotes, classic quotes from Casablanca; Here's looking at you, Kid; We'll always have paris; Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Casablanca movie, American Film institute
Atlas Glass Repair Company
2000 Hamilton Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19130